Friday, February 27, 2009

Botanical Blooms swap

Ever get the groove going but just can't make it happen? That was me today!  I decided to work on a new card to share using the SAB set Polka Dot Punches since the free set/ribbon/paper promotion ends in one month.  I thought I had the idea, started cutting and stamping and just couldn't get it just right-argh!  Boys were getting out of school so I decided to leave the room and come back to it later. Sometimes you have to just let it go!  I hope that the finishing touch will just "POP" out at me later this evening so I can share it with you!  I will also have the details for the Stamp event on March 15 as well.

Meanwhile, look at this awesome card!  Remember the demo meeting I told you about that I needed to make 8 swaps for? This is one I got in return from Sharon last weekend.  I am thinking of using a variation of it on the 15th. Besides the free SAB set, Botanical Blooms, also used that is new to the catalog is the Eyelet Border punch (page p.185)!  We will most likely use this technique but use my Scallop Edge punch since I don't have the new one.  The chocolate chip is popped up with dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds are used in the middles of the flowers which are watercolored.  The ribbon is 1 1/4" grograin Pink Piroutte. That's it for now... I'm heading outside before the sun goes away!

No comments:

In case you missed these...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin