Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Flowers for you!

This watering can with flowers just puts a smile on my face so I hope it does for you too! Some of you made this at stamp camp but I wanted to share this with those who couldn't make it.

I got these pails for $1 at Michael's and couldn't wait to use them! The scallop hanging off of the ribbon comes with the Birds and Blooms 4 pack sizzlet set for the Big Shot. The "be happy" (retired) stamped in Bermuda Bay in the center is punched out with the 1" circle so I guess it makes it about a 1 3/8" scallop. Perfect for the pail! The sizzlet also punches out about a 3/4" scallop.

The set I used for the flower centers is "Good Friend" out of the Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog. I used chocolate chip and certainly celery inks. The certainly celery centers are also dazzled with heat and stick powder and Iridiscent Ice and then were punched out with the 1" punch. The chocolate chip centers were punched with the 1 1/4" punch. Of course, all are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals. The center of the middle flower was made with the 9.95 Polka Dot background stamp that is in the Occasions Mini (good until Fri, Apr. 30) and white craft ink on Bermuda Bay cardstock and punched out with the 1" punch. (Wow, run on sentence!) Then, I added a Clear Rhinestone to the center.

The flowers themselves were the Large Flower punch in Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie card stock. The leaves were trimmed off of Old Olive punch outs of the Five Flower punch and added on with the mini-glue dots. The "stems" are 6" kabob sticks.

I put a small 1" square piece of floral foam in the pot to hold the sticks where they should be and then backfilled with decorative rocks from Michael's. This would be a fun gift for anyone but especially for someone who can't have real flowers!

ENJOY!

3 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is a great project! I clicked on the photos so I could get a closer look and the flower detail is so pretty! This would be a wonderfu Mother's Day gift!

Wishing you a happy day!

Barbara Diane

Annie C said...

I loved this project so much! It's sitting on my windowsill over my kitchen sink and I get to appreciate it all day! Thanks Kimi!!!

Kim Cantrell said...

Thank you for the nice words ladies... I appreciate it! Glad you liked it Barbara Diane and I'm so glad you love it Annie!! Kimi :D

Have a great rest of the week!

In case you missed these...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin