Thursday, April 15, 2010

Simple Wishes...

Wow really? It's supposed to be up to 75 degrees here today through Saturday. That's a bit different than the freezing winds we had last week! Seriously, standing at a track meet so cold even the extra blanket weren't doing the trick! I guess it's what we call APRIL! Crazy! Not that I'm complaining... :)

Wouldn't this card be great for a number of occasions? A Hello, Birthday, Thinking of You, Sympathy, Wedding Congrats - this is an all around card and it was very simple to make. Yes, you would need the Big Shot for this exact card - I know I use the Big Shot a lot because I LOVE it and it makes things so easy!

However, you could find ways to make it without. You could use the butterfly punch instead of the Beautiful Butterflies die for a similar effect. I cut out two butterflies, one in a sheet of DSP from Thoroughly Modern DSP and the other in the coordinating Bermuda Bay. I put them together with just a Clear Rhinestone and a tiny bit of adhesive under the middle so it didn't move around but I would still flip up the wings.

For the embossing I used SU!s Textured Impressions Elegant Bouquet embossing folder which embosses right in the corner. You could take a pretty swirl or random flower image and stamp it in a very light color or even a stamped off gray or sahara sand or something so it's there but not very bold. Hmmm... I'll have to try that! Off to a busy day!

1 comment:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is such a delicate and pretty card! I love the color on white layout!

Wishing you a good day today!

Barbara Diane

In case you missed these...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin