Thursday, March 18, 2010

Simple but beautiful!

Don't you love the colors on this card? First of all, anything with Chocolate Chip in it has to be a winner! Do I make cards without that color? They are few and far between!

This time, I paired it with Crushed Curry as the base and a big piece of DSP out of the Pink Flamingo pack of DSP from the SU! Idea Book & Catalog. I love the striking colors in that pack of paper. How easy is that? I got the scalloped top that looks like a valance by cutting the chocolate chip cs longer than normal, scoring it where I normally would have cut it and then folded it over and added the scallop edge with the Scallop Edge punch. In this case, my CC piece was 4 1/8 x 6 1/2 before I scalloped it. Then, I just tied a piece of the Chocolate Chip satin into a knot around it. All of the Satin ribbons are available in the Occasions mini.

The sentiment was easy to do. I used Vintage Labels which is one of the free sets available during Sale-A-Bration in Chocolate Chip and Real Red. (This set also has a "best wishes" and a "thank you" that each fit inside all of the different "framed" stamps. It is available in both wood mount or clear mount.) I punched out the frame using the Large Oval punch and then the layers underneath are two chocolate chip pieces were punched out of chocolate chip using the Scallop Oval punch. I used Real Red brads on the ends and then popped the whole piece up with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Another beautiful day in Spokane! Amazing how our winter is so opposite from just last year. Record snowfall last year, record no-snow fall this year. I guess it all stayed East this year!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Kani said...

Love the curry paper! Think I might need to order that...

In case you missed these...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin