Saturday, March 27, 2010

BSE Lattice card

Been a crazy busy week so I haven't made anything new... I've decided to post another card from the Big Stampin' Event because I am determined to post regularly. I know those that came to the event have made this so bear with me. I'll be making some new cards today! We get to attend a double Eagle Court of Honor (brothers) this afternoon so I'll be making those two cards and hopefully a few extra!

I really love this lattice card, it definitely has some steps to it but once you get it down I feel the end result is beautiful! This is really an easel card turned sideways. I know this isn't a great photo so I hope you can picture that. I took this photo when I was filming our "tips and tricks" videos so I didn't get a great view of it and it may be hard to understand if you haven't seen one of these cards before. Basically, the left side you see, folds right over the right and there is a hole under "with all my heart" so that it also fits over the "thank you" when it's folded up.
That probably didn't make any sense at all! I'll have this and the other cards at our upcoming stamping event for you to see - which I'm planning for the first week of April.

Anyway, we used the Lattice die in a unique way-love this technique! I will have to come up with another card to have at a stamping event so you can see just how we did this. Basically, you cut the paper to be die cut at 3 1/4 x 5 (I'll have to double check that measurement). You score it on the 5" side at 3 1/4 and fold it. Lay it over the die cut so that the scored piece is just inside of the end of the die so that it doesn't get cut all the way (make sense)? Then, after you roll it through the Big Shot, you'll be able to unfold it and then clip off the excess - now you have a larger piece than the die cut was intended for. I will take some better photos today and post a step by step views plus a better angle of the card folding a little later.

The texture for the ruby red cs was done with the Finial Press embossing folder. You'll notice the scallops are a little larger than the punch... These are from the long Pennant die. You get scallops in addition to the two pennants. Other punches used here were the 1 3/4 in. circle punch, Modern Label, Word Window, small Heart punch from the Occasions mini, Trio Flower punch for the small flowers and a 1/4 in. punch for the middles.

Enjoy your Saturday!

No comments:

In case you missed these...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin