Friday, March 19, 2010

"Manly" Thank You!

Ahhh... us cardmakers always struggle with coming up with a card with little bling and no flowers for the men in life! I never add ribbon to a "manly" card which is difficult to do! What do you think of this one? This was for the pastor of the church (and his secretary) where we held the Big Stampin' Event! They were all so helpful to us :)

I used Whisper White, Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie cs. The DSP is from the Sweet Pea DSP paper pack out of the Occasions Mini - lots of great papers in there! There are the same sheet, just opposite sides that match! The set I used was "For All You Do," out of the Idea Book & Catalog... I just inked up only the words I wanted to use with my Chocolate Chip stampin' write marker and punched it out with the 1 3/4 in. circle punch. The "thank you" is from the same set and I punched it out with the "modern label" punch and added two brads from the Vintage Brads collection. The arrow came from the "My Way" punch - it also have two little arrows that punch out with it.

Oh yes, you'll notice some stamping on the very bottom of the chocolate chip piece. The "For All You Do" set also comes with the polka dot stamp set I used. I just repeated it along the bottom. Easy! Love that stamp set :)

I like it anyway! Would make a fun birthday card just changing around sentiments too!
Have a good day and weekend!

1 comment:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is a great card! I love the colors/paper combination! "Guy" cards are so hard to make but this is a winner! :<)

Wishing you a good weekend!

Barbara Diane

In case you missed these...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin