Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Make your own DSP!


What I like about this technique is that it brings back a little stampin' to your projects. Have you noticed that there are so many cute DSPs and textures out there that sometime our cards have hardly been stamped at all? Now don't get me wrong - I absolutely LOVE using DSPs who can resist with all the matching colors and designs you get in each pack? In fact, tomorrow's post used a huge piece of DSP from "Pink Flamingo"-it's yummy! I'm just saying every now and then it's fun to return to actually stamping! If you came to the Big Stampin' Event then this will look famililar but with different colors.

I used the "With All My Heart" stamp set and inked up the various images with Bashful Blue, Real Red and Certainly Celery. Then, I sponged in the white areas with Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue. Lastly, I spritzed it with Champagne Mist shimmer paint in a mini spray bottle.
By the way, the shimmer paints from the Holiday mini are still available! I might sneak in a post about how I've been using that.

Anyway, then I stamped a red flower from the set on a separate piece of paper and then punched it out using the trio flower punch (it fits perfect) and attached it to the card using a stampin' dimensional. The rest if pretty self explanatory... I used the Scallop Trim punch on the Certainly Celery cs for one of the layers. This is the punch you can get free as a Sale-A-Bration item when you purchase $50 in Stampin' Up! before March 31. You can also purchase the matching corner punch in the Occasions mini that ends on March 31 as well. Together they are oh so sweet! Last but not least, the sentiment is from the All Holidays stamp set in the Stampin Up! Idea Book & Catalog. I use this set and sentiment a lot! Don't forget to thank God for your "dear kind and wonderful friends!"

Have a great day! Kim

No comments:

In case you missed these...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin