Sunday, January 10, 2010

Love You Much - round two...


A little old, a little new... I put in an order for some fun, new goodies from the new Occasions mini and the Sale-a-Bration mini but haven't gotten them yet! The set used here, Love you Much, is in our current catalog. LOVE this set but it was hard for me to come up with something new with the two birds so it didn't look like one of my cards from last year! Oh well, I still love it :) It's a keeper.

Some of the elements on this card are difficult to see. You can click on the actual photo to see close up. I borrowed the new jumbo wheel, I {love} love (I think that's what it's called!) to roll in versamark along the bottom. The card stock is Rose Red on a whisper white base. I sponged the edges of the Bashful Blue cardstock the birds are on but it is hard to see. The ribbon is Certainly Celery 5/8 grosgrain. The DSP in the birds (which I stamped and then cut out) is the Saffron from the Tall Tales DSP in the catalog.

Something fun that we'll be doing in our January stamp camp is making our own glittery cardstock! If you look closely at the heart and the two 1/4 in. cardstock dots on the sentiment you'll see what I'm talking about. You take any cardstock and stamp versamark all over it. Then, sprinkle on Heat & Stick powder. Warm it to melt and then sprinkle on Iridescent Ice embossing powder. Reheat to set and then punch away! A fun way to add some *bling* to your projects! It's also easy to do ahead and just have on hand. Thanks for the tip Sharon :)

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Annie Chermak said...

I LOVE the modified heart on the Friend to Friend card! I need to try that technique with the glitter. I have heat and stick powder, but haven't had good luck with it. Worth a try!

Thanks for posting, Kim!

Kim Cantrell said...

Isn't it fun?? We'll have to do more with Heat and Stick-it's easy and I love it with dazzling diamonds too!

Whimcees said...

Zach created a great card!

Wishing you a good day today!

Barbara Diane

In case you missed these...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin