Sunday, November 7, 2010

Surprise birthday penguins!


I couldn't wait to make this card for my friend Connie when I saw a similar cute Owl card on a fellow stampers blog! I just knew she would love see the penguins "pop out" of a seemingly ordinary (handmade of course) birthday card!

The penguins are the Stampin' Up! owl punch in black. You clip off the feet and attach pumpkin pie owl feet instead. Then, you snip off the owls ears. I stamped the birthday hats from the Party Heart set and then left a bottom piece of cardstock on it so I could attached it to the back of each penguins head. The pop up parts are 1/2" slits made even spaced apart and then pushed out a bit so you can attache the penguins to them. This card has two layers of More Mustard to disguise the pop up part a bit. I sent this card on but will need to make another and take some close up shots.

The front of the card is pretty explanatory. I used the Day of Gratitude set, the On Your Birthday set for the front and inside sentiments and the polka dot texture folder for the Big Shot.

I've finally got some photos to share, I'll post the stamp camp photos from today, tomorrow - I still need to take a group shot. Time to reorganize from today and then do the same thing for the Wednesday class!

Hope you all had a great weekend! Kim

3 comments:

Stephanie Rawlings said...

Very cute card kim!

Kim Cantrell said...

Thanks Stephanie! I added a pic of us at Regionals at the left!

Sunnybride said...

I love the penguin's card:)

http://sunnycards.blogspot.com.es/

In case you missed these...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin