Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The owl strikes again!

Have I said that I just love our owl? He's easy to use, versatile and CUTE to boot!
Here's a card I came up with while thinking of stamp camp ideas. I wanted to use the "With All My Heart" set in a new way and was playing around with color combos. I just love the color combo of Greenhouse Gala so I was playing around with stamping a nice background piece with So Saffron to go with the last card. I thought the So Saffron flowers combined with the flowers on the leaves (on fhe last card) were too "busy" so I put it aside and after finishing that card, came up with this one :) You'll see I used a piece of Greenhouse Gala on it instead.

I love the clean lines and though I was trying to keep it simple, I had to add the extra dimension of the textured Baha Breeze card stock and the Old Olive with polka dots from the Perfect Polka embossing folder for the Big Shot. The owl added the bit of playfulness to the thank you for sure :) His actual "vest" is from a piece of Greenhouse Gala DSP. The ribbon is one of my new faves, the 18" Tafetta ribbon.

Hope you like it!

No comments:

In case you missed these...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin