Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year - New card!

I know, what a new card from Kim? Stranger things have happened - life has just been so busy - not that I'm complaining! It's just so hard for me to stay on a Stampin' schedule when I have an active family :) Instead of checking the blog and being disappointed because you don't see a new card, become a "Follower" by scrolling to the bottom left and inserting your email. Then you'll get an email whenever I post, no junk, just a notification :)

I'm preparing for a late January stamp class and a class featuring this set, Season of Friendship, for a framed art/deco class. While procrastinating on the finished sample for the frame, I came up with this card. For the Jan class I want to have options that *could* be a valentine card or could easily be a thank you, thinking of you or wedding for those that don't give out a lot of valentine's but like the look.

Of course I used Season of Friendship which is on pg. 120 of the SU! IDB&C but I also used the sentiment from Simply Said on pg. 63. This is an old favorite of mine that is great for so many reasons! Look for a sample or two here soon and most likely in the Jan class.

Colors used on this card were: Rose Red, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White cardstocks; Old Olive, Certainly Celery and Early Espresso classic inks. The hearts are one of the three from the Heart to Heart XL punch on pg. 203. The whisper while background piece was rolled through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. The ribbon is Whisper White 5/8" satin.

ENJOY!

In case you missed these...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin