Friday, February 19, 2010

Fun new Bird Punch! Available finally!

It's probably safe to post this card since I'm pretty sure my father in law doesn't check out my blog for new card ideas! This is a card I came up with for his Birthday on Monday. It is always so hard to come up with one that isn't too "girly." I know he loves his yard, loves to garden and definitely like birds! I used a few of the ideas from the "manly" card we are making at the upcoming Big Stampin' Event on March 6. I used a texture plate on the old olive that I ran through the Big Shot. It comes in a set of 6 for 11.95 and this particular texture is called Harlequin. I sponged Old Olive ink over the top. The sentiment is from the stamp set, On Your Birthday and the bird is of course from the new Bird Punch that you'll see in the Occasions mini. I used Stampin' Dimensionals (of course!) and also added the touch at the top at the last minute because it needed something else. I used the old fold a punch out from the "word window" punch and add a brad in it technique. Easy! Enjoy! By the way, since this isn't the greatest photo -- colors used here are: Kraft, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue and Ruby Red cardstock. Any questions? Send me a note :)
For those ordered this in February, it has finally shipped out!

1 comment:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

It is really difficult to make a 'guy' card! This is lovely! I am sure that your father-in-law loved his birthday card - especially as you made it so special for him!

Wishing you a good weekend!

Barbara Diane

In case you missed these...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin